Media Arts Assistance Fund
This film festival is made possible with funds from the NYSCA Electronic Media/Film Program in partnership with Wave Farm: Media Arts Assistance Fund, with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature.
The Media Arts Assistance Forward Fund (MAAF Forward Fund) addresses the role of technology in the current transition of public engagement, with a focus on technical strategies for regenerative online development. MAAF Forward Fund helps organizations advance remote operations through quick turnaround and flexible support. MAAF is made possible through a regrant from the NYSCA Electronic Media/Film Program.
ABOUT THE PARTNERS:
From analog to digital, the NYSCA Electronic Media/Film Program is dedicated to Art & Technology as a creative practice, across all genres of time-based and emergent technology, including historical and rarely seen works. Through the presentation and preservation of electronic media as an art form, EMF fosters the contemporary and diverse cultural voices of New York.
EMF PROGRAM GOALS:
- Advance public knowledge of technology as creative art form.
- Expand artists’ opportunities through media arts organizations that provide services and support to artists working in creative technology.
- Engage the public through programs that enable the understanding and appreciation of media and technology as art.
- Empower media arts organizations through organizational and professional development, and convening, including organizational research and exploration that furthers knowledge through risk-taking and experimentation in new technology development.
EMF FUNDING CATAGORIES:
- General Operating Support;
- Exhibitions & Installations;
- Film Festivals & Screenings;
- Workspace, Art & Technology;
- Regrants and Partnerships.
WAVE FARM is a non-profit arts organization driven by experimentation with broadcast media and the airwaves. A pioneer of the Transmission Arts genre, Wave Farm programs provide access to transmission technologies and support artists and organizations that engage with media as an art form. Major activities include the Wave Farm Artist Residency Program; Transmission Art Archive; WGXC 90.7-FM: Radio for Open Ears, a creative community radio station based in New York’s Upper Hudson Valley; and the Media Arts Assistance Fund in partnership with NYSCA Electronic Media/Film.