This film festival is made possible with funds from the New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA) Electronic Media/Film Program, with the support of Governor Kathy Hochul and the New York State Legislature.
NYSCA is dedicated to preserving and expanding the rich and diverse cultural resources that are and will become the heritage of New York's citizens.
NYSCA upholds the right of all New Yorkers to experience the vital contributions the arts make to our communities, education, economic development and quality of life. Through their core grantmaking activity, NYSCA awarded more than $100 million in FY2022 statewide. NYSCA funding supports the visual, literary, media and performing arts and includes dedicated support for arts education and underserved communities. NYSCA further advances New York's creative culture by hosting convenings with leaders in the field and providing organizational and professional development opportunities and informational resources.
From analog to digital, the NYSCA Electronic Media/Film Program is dedicated to Art & Technology as a creative practice, across all genres of time-based and emergent technology, including historical and rarely seen works. Through the presentation and preservation of electronic media as an art form, EMF fosters the contemporary and diverse cultural voices of New York.
EMF PROGRAM GOALS:
- Advance public knowledge of technology as creative art form.
- Expand artists’ opportunities through media arts organizations that provide services and support to artists working in creative technology.
- Engage the public through programs that enable the understanding and appreciation of media and technology as art.
- Empower media arts organizations through organizational and professional development, and convening, including organizational research and exploration that furthers knowledge through risk-taking and experimentation in new technology development.
EMF FUNDING CATAGORIES:
- General Operating Support;
- Exhibitions & Installations;
- Film Festivals & Screenings;
- Workspace, Art & Technology;
- Regrants and Partnerships.